Ask an Expert

Hiring a foreing employee

Asked by Cyn

I'm a permanent resident (green card) and I would like to open a small business with my boyfriend (he's from Brazil with student visa). Can I open a store and hire him?

1 Answer

Hi Cyn, Thank you for your question and congratulations on your desire to open a small business! You need to demonstrate that you, and anybody that you hire to work within the business are legally permitted to work within the United States. It sounds like you may be able to do so based on what you have stated thus far, but I would be happy to discuss this with you personally in more detail. Please feel free to contact me at 904.248.2429.
Mark A. Addington

Meet the Advisors